The Club dei Venti all'Ora was born on March 6, 1961 when Renato Verzier, Giovanni Cos, Enrico Cuttini, and Gianfranco Granbassi decided to found a "somewhat special" club, reserved for "ancient jewels on four wheels"
Summer meeting Tarvisio and Valcanale
Date: July 23-24, 2022
- Start: July 18, 2022, 12 noon
- End: July 24, 2022, 1:00 pm
Saturday 23 July 2022
- 8.00 am meeting at the crossroads of Opicina.
- 8.30 am group departure for Venzone on state and provincial roads.
- 11.00 am arrival in Venzone. Exhibition of the cars in Piazza Municipio with public vote for the most iconic model. Guided tour of the museum of mummies and the Tiere Motus museum of Palazzo Orgnani Martina. Lunch. Guided tour of the village.
- 3.00 pm group departure for Valcanale
- 4.00 pm arrival in Val Saisera for a guided tour of the millenary forest of Tarvisio with its resonance fir trees used in the construction of the harmonic boxes of violins and other string instruments (in case of bad weather the educational excursion will be replaced by a conference in Valbruna in the carpentry-workshop of Davide Deotto, craftsman expert in the choice and preparation of the wood with which skilled luthiers are able, later on, to make these precious tools).
- 17.30 - 18.00 visit to Davide Deotto's carpentry-workshop
- 6.15 pm arrival at the hotel of destination: "La Baita" in Malborghetto and "Al Cervo" in Tarvisio
- 8.00 pm meeting in Malborghetto in Piazza Palazzo Veneziano for the display of the cars
- 8.30 pm aperitif and gala dinner at the hotel "La Baita" (at the end, return to the respective accommodation facilities for overnight stay)
Sunday 24th July 2022
- 10.00 am meeting in Tarvisio in Piazza Unità d'Italia
- 10.30 am exhibition of the cars with public vote of the most iconic model followed by an educational walk in the immediate vicinity of the Palazzo del FEC, headquarters of the Biodiversity Department of the Tarvisio Carabinieri, with specialized personnel (suitable clothing and closed shoes are recommended - in case of bad weather the walk will be replaced by a guided tour inside the FEC building)
- 12.00 lunch at the Edelhof hotel
- 2.30 pm award ceremony for the most voted cars and departure for Cave del Predil
- 2.45 pm arrival in Cave del Predil for a guided tour of the International Geomining Park, the Exhibition of the mining tradition and the Military History Museum "Julian Alps" (for those who go to the mine - 6 degrees Celsius with 98% humidity - shoes are recommended closed and suitable clothing: sweatshirt and windbreaker)
- 5.00 pm departure for Trieste on provincial and state roads along the course of the Isonzo river in Slovenian territory
- 7.30 pm arrival in Trieste